Dec 13, 2022 | Atlanta, GA
Nine new Faculty Fellows were appointed to the Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems (BBISS). In addition to their own work, BBISS Fellows serve as a board of advisors to the BBISS; foster the culture and community of sustainability researchers, educators, and students at Georgia Tech; and communicate broadly the vision, mission, values, and objectives of the BBISS. Fellows will work with the BBISS for three years, with the potential for a renewed term.
The BBISS Faculty Fellows program has been in place since 2014. Fellows will number between 10 and 15, will be drawn from across all 6 colleges and GTRI at Georgia Tech. It is expected that annual allowances provided to each BBISS Fellow will range from $1000 to $1500 depending on number of fellows in the program and availability of funds.
The new BBISS Faculty Fellows are:
- Joe Bozeman – Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Dylan Brewer - Assistant Professor, School of Economics
- Andre Calmon – Assistant Professor, Scheller College of Business
- Brian Gunter - Associate Professor, Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering
- Jenny McGuire – Assistant Professor, School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences and School of Biological Sciences
- Jessica Roberts – Assistant Professor, College of Computing
- Ilan Stern – Senior Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Anjali Thomas - Associate Professor, Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
- Zhaohui Tong - Associate Professor, School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
These faculty members join the current roster of Faculty Fellows:
- Baabak Ashuri - Associate Professor, School of Building Construction
- Kevin Caravati – Principal Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Ellen Dunham-Jones – Professor, School of Architecture
- Daniel Matisoff - Associate Professor, School of Public Policy
- Kate Pride Brown - Associate Professor, School of History and Sociology
- Perry Yang – Professor, School of City and Regional Planning
More information can be found on the BBISS website.