Administrative Manager II
This position interacts consistently with college and school leadership, academic and research faculty, staff, students and visitors. This position advises faculty, visitors, staff and students on HR policy and develops procedures to support compliance. The position is responsible for onboarding and offboarding new employees and departing employees. The position supervises full-time administrative and temporary staff and student assistants and engages staff in professional development activities.
Experience in a university setting is essential for this position and it requires a demonstrated range of management competencies in the complex nature of academic research operations, including the ability to communicate effectively, set and carry out leadership goals and develop procedures to achieve these goals with limited supervision. The ideal candidate must be able to define and dispense administrative staff responsibilities, workload changes, and position expectations.
Supervise and coordinate administrative services within the School of Biological Sciences. Areas of responsibility can include administrative affairs associated with human resources, procurement, budgets and financial records and general clerical support within the School. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: College and School management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: School management, faculty, and staff. This position will supervise: assigned unit administrative personnel.
- Job Duty 1: Develop and implement unit administrative processes and procedures consistent with overall Institute administrative policy
- Job Duty 2: Define and communicate administrative staff duties; monitor performance and provide feedback
- Job Duty 3: Supervise the maintenance of unit human resources records
- Job Duty 4: Oversee unit human resources administration, including transaction processing, time reporting and records maintenance.
- Job Duty 5: Supervise and coordinate direct administrative support to unit management
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Experience: Six to eight years of directly related experience
Skills: This position requires demonstrated management and organization skills, knowledge of operational processes and practice and confidential record management in a university setting. Use of a broad range of digital communication platforms and related computer applications is required. Strong communication skills - oral/ written; solid interpersonal skills; MS/Office Software/ and technical experience is required. Higher education experience is essential.
- Higher Education Background
- Knowledge of Faculty hiring, promotion & tenure
- Supervision skills with direct reports (Operations Management)
- Knowledge of Academic Research operations is a plus
- Assist with all departmental internal and external communications
- Provides direct support to the Chair-initiating/preparing reports, administration of department goals etc.
- Effective Communication
- Employee Relations
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Planning
- Strategic/Analytical Thinking
- SME Decision Making
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
You can apply by going to https://hr.gatech.edu/careers and selecting internal or external applicants as appropriate and following the relevant instructions. You will need to search for position number 220806.