My lab studies human evolutionary genomics, population genetics, and health disparities. It’s an an exciting time for the field of population genetics, and our research group uses whole genome sequences and computer simulations to study how diverse human populations evolve. We are interested in questions like:
• How have human genomes evolved in response to modern environments?
• Why do hereditary disease risks vary across populations?
• How well do polygenic risk scores work in African populations?
• What will our genomes look like in the future?
• How do Dobzhansky-Muller incompatibilities inhibit adaptive introgression?